Part-time Communications Manager
The Maricopa County Democratic Party (MCDP) is seeking a qualified and trustworthy communications professional to help build a robust communications strategy to highlight the many programs of our organization. The Communications Manager will be working to increase outreach and engagement through, but not limited to, email, website, social media, and print media. The Communications Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Field Director and Development Director to increase visibility of field and fundraising programs.
MCDP is dedicated to electing Democrats to all levels of office in Maricopa County and all applicants must have a commitment to advancing progressive values in our community. All staff members must display the utmost level of confidentiality or will be subject to termination.
Location: MCDP HQ, 2914 N Central Ave Phoenix, AZ 85012
Flexible hours with opportunities to work remotely
20-25 hours a week
$20/Hour, Independent contractor position
Preferred bilingual in Spanish and English
- Create and implement a communications plan to include email and social media messaging with a schedule, best practices, and content
- Help build up MCDP’s overall brand and increase the level of professionalism in our communications
- Write website and email copy to outline and promote our programs
- Help build our email list and social media followings
- Write copy and send out updates to our email network
- Work with the Development Director to compliment fundraising plan
- Write and issue press releases as needed
- Manage all communication components of our organization in tandem with the Executive Director
- Create online graphics that align with all our printed and web-based materials
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and 2 references (name and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Manager, Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Applications due by end of day May 24th.