"The most important job I ever held was that of Precinct Committeeman." Harry TrumanBecome a Precinct Committee Member
April 6th was the deadline to submit Petitions and Nominating Papers to become Elected PCs. We know that many of our current and potential PCs would like to take on that type of leadership, but did not have the time to collect the signatures.
It is for this reason that we would like to share with you another very simple opportunity.
You can download, print, fill out and send back a Write-In Nominating Paper to County Elections. A notary signature is NOT required on this form.
The deadline for this is 5:00 p.m. on May 20th. We recommend that you mail this by May 13th although in order to not overwhelm County Elections, please try for sooner.
Link where the NEW form called “2020 PC Write-In Nomination Paper” may be found at https://recorder.maricopa.gov/elections/precinctcommitteemen.aspx
Mail or drop off to:
Elections MCTEC Department
510 S 3rd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85003
May 20th is the absolute last date that this is available to people.
Advantages and opportunities:
● Have access to more information about issues and policy than is found in mainstream media.
● Gain insight into what is really going on inside the Party and the government.
● Get to know your elected officials and candidates on a personal basis and give them feedback.
● Make your voice heard more effectively than as just being a registered voter.
● Participate in the decision-making process in the Party.
● Vote for the leadership of the Party at all levels: precinct, LD, county, state, and national.
● Belong to a social network at precinct, LD, county, and state levels with people who share your values and beliefs.
● Meet new, like-minded friends in your neighborhood and become an active, integral part of it.
● Gain experience to prepare you for greater responsibility within the Party in the future.
● Become an elected official!
● As a future candidate for elected office, gain:
o Visibility and network with current elected officials.
o Opportunities to be appointed to local, county, or state Boards and Commissions.
o Knowledge about the mechanics of a campaign and the election process.
o Support from the Democratic Party to run for office in the future.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Stay informed about local and national issues and candidates and share Democratic ideas with other voters.
● Attend your district monthly meetings.
● Attend all MCDP County Conventions
● Attend training sessions to improve skills and effectiveness as a PC.
● Help gather signatures and collect clean election $5s to support our candidates.
● Support whoever is the nominee of the Democratic Party after the primary.
● Respect all other PC’s and candidates. We are all in this together as Democrats.
● Educate voters in your precinct about the Democratic Party, its nominees, and issues. Help make sure your neighbors are registered and will vote.
● Build relationships with Democrats in your precinct by door-to-door canvassing, phone banking, and/or organizing informational gatherings for candidates, issues or values.
● Find precinct volunteers to assist with Democratic Party activities like canvassing, phone banking, informational gatherings, and social media networking.
● Sign up voters in your precinct for the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL).
● Help GOTV (Get Out the Vote) when ballots are mailed and on Election Day.
● Support the Party financially in a meaningful way to you.